If you already have a Windows PC with a set up certificate you can export it to a file for use on another device. In order to export the certificate you need to access it from the Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- An existing S/MIME cerfiticate added on your Windows PC
Export your certificate
- Open the MMC (Start > Run > MMC).
- Go to File > Add / Remove Snap In
- Double Click Certificates
- Select Computer Account.
- Select Local Computer > Finish
- Click OK to exit the Snap-In window.
- Click [+] next to Certificates > Personal > Certificates
- Locate and select the certificate for the correct domain.
- Right Click and select All tasks > Export.
- Press Next
- Select Yes, export the private key.
- Choose Personal Information Exchange - PKCS#12 (.PFX) for the certificate file format. Check the boxes for:
- Include all certificates in the certificate path if possible
Export all extended properties
- Click Next.
- Enter a password for your private key. Press Next.
- Click browse and save your .pfx
- Press Next > Finish > OK.